Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trusting God

I think I am finally learning to trust the Lord. I have always thought I have been a person of immense faith, until my faith was shaken and I realized that my “faith” was a belief that God would bless me with the things I desired. I know now that God will bless me with the things that he desires. I am immensely ok with that! I trust that Heavenly Father will bless my life in exactly the way I need it to be blessed. That may come with heartache. There are a lot of things I wish I had, but those things truly affect the agency of others and are things that I cannot change. I wish I were capable of removing trials from my friends. I wish I could fall in love with someone who loved me as much as I did them. I wish for the money to save all of the starving children in the world. There are some things, which no matter what choice I make, will not be given to me. However, I truly trust that God will give me the things that will help me to become a better person. I am capable of making righteous decisions and as I strive to follow the example of Jesus Christ God will bless me. As I strive to follow the example of Jesus Christ my will shall become like his will which is God’s will, which leads to the most incredible blessing we can receive which is eternal life and exaltation. I have complete confidence that I can find joy in simply making correct decisions. I cannot force others to do the same, but I am grateful that I may do so for myself. I trust God. I know that all things shall work together for my good and for our good as we emulate our Savior.

P.S. A note about my friends who struggle:

I want them to learn whatever God has for them to learn in these trials. I would not want to take the blessings of their sorrows from them. I want help to understand and I want to help them. God's purposes are good and righteous and we need to trust him. What are we becoming in the process of struggling? Something brilliant and something beautiful!

2 comments:

family said...

So thanks for telling me you had a blog. . . I still love you though.

Devoted said...

ahhh...growing in the faith...God is good!