Monday, October 11, 2010

If you can answer the following questions correctly, you may tutor me in preparation for the GRE. Thank you.

1. PERENNIAL :: EPHEMERAL

A. volatile : evanescent
B. mature : ripe
C. diurnal : annual
D. permanent : temporary
E. majestic : mean

2. The intellectual flexibility inherent in a multicultural nation has been ____ in classrooms where emphasis on British-American literature has not reflected the cultural ____ of our country.

A. eradicated - unanimity
B. encouraged - aspirations
C. stifled - diversity
D. thwarted - uniformity
E. inculcated - divide

3.

In the figure above AD = 4, AB = 3 and CD = 9. What is the area of triangle AEC ?

A. 18
B. 13.5
C. 9
D. 4.5
E. 3


5 comments:

Ki-o-TEE said...

I am a coyote of very little brains and long words bother me.

family said...

I guess D, C, A. When do I get my results?

confidentcharm said...

2 outta 3 ain't bad! I've been struggling with the math one too!

Henry Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Henry Family said...

We agree with Heather on 1 and 2. #3 is C. The large triangle's area is 18 (Length x Base /2). The area in question is less than half but more than a quarter of the large triangle.