Friday, June 3, 2011

Christmas 2010 - Israel

Old City Jaffa

The Baha'i Gardens

The Jordan River

The Tomb of Lazarus

The Garden Tomb
I could write a million thoughts about the trip to Israel, and I did in my journal. I could talk about everything from the intrigue of the Baha'i religion, the delightful taste of falafel and persimmons, the fun we had and friendships made, to the lessons our tour guide gave us and the spirit we felt, but I think what it all really boils down to is the last site we visited. I think that most people have some significant feelings when they approach The Garden Tomb, and it was no different for me. What it all really boils down to though, even more than being there, at the traditional site, is that He lives. The Atonement is real and is effective our lives, in my life. If you ever want a little trip to Israel, just read an account of the resurrection and you will know what it feels like to be there.

1 comment:

Ki-o-TEE said...

Hurrah for Israel!