Friday, April 10, 2009

I really was sick!

December 2008 I got sick. It was just a cold, I thought. But, come January I was still sick. Then February rolled around and I was tired of being sick. I had been around a lot of people with mono so I thought, "Hmm, I guess that is a possibility." I had told my mom some of my symptoms and she said a lot of them were symptoms of MS. Then I started doing research and came up with fibromyalgia, thyroid problems, etc. Every new disease I thought I had I advertised at work. So, of course, everyone thought I was a hypochondriac. But, I was still sick. I even went to the doctor and they did some blood work and neurological test, but everything was fine. I was reflecting on how much my muscles hurt and how I hated that I couldn't breathe when I remembered I had the same muscle pain on my mission. The doctor there told me it was allergies, gave me a prescription and the pain went away. DUH! If I have headaches, can't breathe because my nasal passages feel closed and hurt like I did on my mission then I probably have some sinus issues. I went straight back to the doctor. She looked in my ears and down my throat and prescribed a spray right away. I have been feeling lovely ever since! Anyhow, because of my "research" to find out my illness I received this award from my dear friends at work!

1 comment:

family said...

Thanks for the laugh! Glad you're feeling better.