Monday, July 13, 2009

Woah slacker slacker

It's been some time, and while I have good intentions of catching up we all know where the road paved with good intentions leads. :)

So, two quick stories from the Nielsen family reunion this past Saturday.

I rode back to Provo with my sister and her kids. I have taken up a new hobby of knitting, so while we were driving I was knitting a scarf. The conversation as follows:

AJ: Amber, what are you going to do with your scarves?
Me: Oh, I think I might give them as gifts.
AP: You should sell them to make money because you don't have a job or a husband.

*Now, in my mind I'm thinking WHAT?

Me: AP, I have a job.
AP: Well, you don't have a husband. And, you could still sell them so you can have more money to buy stuff.

AP is on this I like having money so I can buy "stuff" kick. It's fab!

That was conversation number one. Number two was pretty great too. Talk about a darling little girl putting me in my place. This one also occurred as we were just enjoying (or something like that) the ride.

Me: AJ, what's going on?
AJ: YOU SHOULD KNOW! We're just sitting in the car being bored.

Ha ha, she is a very observant child.

I left my camera in my sisters car so pictures will be coming (a pie crust promise from an inconsistent blogger).

Until next time.

1 comment:

The Thornleys said...

Glad you finally got around to blogging!! HAHA it was great to see you!