Thursday, December 25, 2008

This is My Birthday Song. It isn't very long.

Birthdays are incredible you know. I am awed by the wonderful people who I am privileged to call my friends. As I received birthday wish after birthday wish, phone calls, gifts, and meals galore I was impressed to realize that these treats were a mere expression of a love that I feel all of the time. Certainly, on this day those expressions were more concentrated, but there are incredible people in this world. People who make me feel like a million dollars on my worst day. People who will drop everything to come to my aid for even the smallest need. People who will let me open my heart to them and more importantly whom will open their hearts to me and let me in to be a friend and confidant. It is so wonderful to feel important to others but I NEED to feel as though I have something to contribute to others. Many of my friends have allowed me to do just that, even if all I could offer was a prayer for hope in their behalf. On my birthday I was reminded of how lucky I am to have so many in my life who allow me to just be me, and to have great hopes for those I care about. Thank you, to all of those people who have blessed my life with love, acceptance, and kind deeds. You are truly the angels whom God has sent to provide for me. Here are a few photos from the celebratory day.

7 comments:

Mikey said...

boo yeah! that's right....i'm the only friend pictured. must mean i'm speshal.

Adam said...

Cute blog!

family said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday and were so well taken care of! love you!

The Thornleys said...

Hey Amber! I happened to stubble across your brothers blog, and then found yours! I've very excited, it's been forever since I saw or talked to you!! Glad your doing good. We definently need to keep intouch!

Vicki Nielsen said...

How's my adorable niece? Happy Birthday--belated, of course, but what else would you expect from me?! I love you!
Aunt Vicki

Troy and Heather said...

Hi Amber,
I have read a bit from your blog. You are a good writer. Welcome to the blogging world. I have been blogging for about a year now. I am not a great writer, but it is fun to record all of our family fun.

Sherri said...

Hey there, long time no see, I just stumbled across your blog, via Sami's and then your sisters and I was hoping that you had a blog that I could get to from her blog. Anyway, it's good to see you even if it is through the blog. If you can't figure out who this is just think back to high school, awe the days. Well hope to hear from ya soon.