Tuesday, August 24, 2010

FHE Poetry Night

We read some of our favorite poems for our FHE activity and a few of us brought some of our original works. Can you believe this activity wasn't my idea? I certainly enjoyed it! After some sharing we then wrote a poem or two. Ashlee asked for a prompt and Jason said "slingshot" so she and I both took it and ran with it. The following is what I came up with:

Fabled stories of rock and sling
often have me thinking
of heroes.
What does it take to become one such?
A bow? A sword? A cause?
Perhaps the courage to move ahead
when no one else will take the plunge.
My comforts keep my heart at bay
until one steps out of his way
to perform a noble deed on my behalf.
Then brave my head and heart become;
I desire to help another one.
And fabled stories now ring true
as you see in me and I see in you.

4 comments:

Treble Clef ♪ said...

You really have a talent for poetry. You should consider compiling an anthology.

Ki-o-TEE said...

Oh! I haven't commented.

I will fix that now.

Have I mentioned how much I like your poems? Because I do. Like them very much.

craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
craig said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this poem. You have an amazing talent .. and I hope to read more like this.