Monday, April 19, 2010

Day Nineteen "Doughnuts"

I came home from work today and Debbie kept asking me what I was having for dinner and when I was going to eat. I was really busy with making her bridal shower invitations so I just kept putting it off. Finally she said "I'm so impatient, I just want you to come open the microwave because I left a surprise for you inside of it." I was a poem! So alas, today you will not be hearing my voice, but hers.

Doughnuts
By Debbie

Amber loves to eat doughnuts,
but she cannot eat wheat.

She opens a brand new package
and onto the plate it clinks!

I think to myself, that cannot be good.
What flour could they have used?

When into the microwave it goes,
and to myself I mused . . .

Frozen, clinking, gluten free doughnuts
leave a tantalizing aroma
as I now clean the microwave.

1 comment:

Ki-o-TEE said...

HAH! Frozen doughnuts.