Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day One "I Do Not Want To"

April is National Poetry Month and Poet's Market sent me an email this morning advertising an April PAD (Poem A Day) Challenge. Though I have decided not to participate in the one they were advertising I thought it would be fun to still take this challenge on my own. So, here it goes:

I Do Not Want To

I must have been a fool to think that I could get it done
The time it takes is far too much and I am on the run
Another time another day when easy it may be
But not this time and not this day it’s just too hard you see
The strain upon my back is not worth the slim reward
And walking round the stupid thing my feet cannot afford
It happens everyday, this mess; its pieces are wide spread
And I’m a bum so just this once, I will not make my bed!

3 comments:

family said...

nicely done!

Caitlin said...

Funny story: I always make my bed. I usually have a bad day if it isn't made.

Coryn said...

I love this poem dearly.