Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day Eight "How to Kiss A Frog"

I chose today's topic from a website that offered prompts for creative writing. So, while the idea did not come from the recent Disney movie, The Princess and The Frog, I will put in a plug for it because I thought it was FANTASTIC!

How to Kiss A Frog

What a slimy mess he is,
but could he be a prince?
I would like to know;
however, my lips are very tense.

To touch my mouth to such a creature
does not sound too fun.
'Cause mucus is not charming
and is easily outdone.

Shall I risk the nasty warts
that true love might be found?
I could lean in and pucker up
and make that kissing sound.

I'll do it, I've decided,
because knowing is a must.
He could be handsome, or kind of cute?
Or, could this be a bust?

I close my eyes and bring him close.
He croaks and I'm surprised.
I quickly do the deed,
then realize I've been ill advised.

He's still a green and slimy fellow,
and now my lips are sticky.
So my advice to all young girls,
kissing frogs is very icky!