Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day Twenty-two "Succumb"

I'm glad I have written plenty of poetry in the past so on days like today when I just can't get the words to flow or I don't have the time, I still have a poem to share. On days like today having a pool to draw from is needed muchly. I hope you enjoy.

Succumb


Speaking in a cradled tone
Listen to the message clear
Moving forward with my options
Muted connections disappear

Retrieving the old lost written letters
I begin to understand
The more communications hindered
The more the end is close at hand

Frantically I dial the number
One hope gone, new hope to find
The services I try to offer
Speak volumes to my inner mind

But as I note the date and hour
I log the options I have lost
Redialing won't allow me back
And so I have to count the cost

It's time to change my old direction
Switch my settings to things to come
Display the strength that's learned from stretching
And to my new found spirit succumb.

No comments: