Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day Ten "Forbidden Fruit"

Forbidden Fruit

I ate an apple Friday; the doctor stayed away.
I ate an apple Saturday; the doctor stayed away.
I ate an apple Sunday; then at church I heard,
about a certain piece of fruit and circumstance it spurred.
Now in my head and in my heart, I think I understand,
that eating of that piece of fruit was previously planned.
But, it brought death and sorrow upon all humankind,
and now to eat an apple I'm not sure I'm so inclined.
If this food brings me death, will it keep the doc away?
Well, I will go without a week and see if I'm okay.
I did not eat one Monday; the doctor stayed away.
I did not eat one Tuesday; the doctor stayed away.
I did not eat one Wednesday; the doctor stayed away.
So I feel I am doing fine, what holds in store on Thursday?
I did not eat an apple, but I tried a lovely pear.
Who knew I was allergic? Now, I am aware!
I saw that blasted doctor and to my face he said,
"Pears are not for you, I suggest apples instead."

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

It never ceases to amaze me how talented you are. I loved this one!