Friday, April 23, 2010

Day Twenty-three "What the Future Holds"

What the Future Holds

Mark you my friend how days gone on the sun has passed them by its way.
Oh memories of days of yore, have longing left for sunshine’s warming ray.
Where is the laughter that I loved in my days of youth?
Yearning for a better time
Oh yes when I was living in my prime
How I want my childhood back, because it dearly holds my happiness in truth

What of today I gaze about and see the past is past
And as I make my memories new I wonder why must it go along so fast
Will time ever slow and me allow to live and love and be content?
Though everything is always changing the joy can stay the same
I suppose there is no shame
To be in the here and now and present

Yesterday has come and gone; today is drawing to an end
I wonder if my yesteryear's have been worthwhile because they're gone and what tomorrow holds is hard to comprehend
Shall I take my experience and wallow in what was, for fear of not knowing?
No, I will glean from old lang syne the pleasures I have had
Look up ahead and understand there is hope and faith and reason to be glad
For the future holds everything