Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day Twenty-eight "A Tribute to Casey"

A Tribute to Casey

I have this friend; we’ll call him Casey to protect the innocent
The other day he came to me and said, “Dear Amber, I must repent.
For I have been telling everyone that I am really cool.
I have been saying people have said that I totally rule.
But these things are so not true.
And lying kind of makes me feel blue.”

I thought about the things he’d shared.
I had to act like at least I cared.
And then I offered this advice
Hoping that it would suffice.
“Dear Casey, take a chill pill friend. You’re only kind of smart
But kind of is good enough. Well, at least it is a start.”

4 comments:

Casey said...

WOW!!! You said I was your friend. What a great day!

Caitlin said...

I think this was my favorite poem ever! ;D

Ki-o-TEE said...

HAH!

Coryn said...

Bahahahaha1