Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day Seventeen "Magic"

I'm cheating yet again. This time because I really messed up the rhyme scheme on the poem I was writing and my eyes are going a little computer crazy at this point so enjoy this poem I wrote in 2008. :)

Magic


A magician's act is not to write but a writer truly can conceive of sorcery and hocus pocus as the words created in his head travel down from hand to quill and quill to parchment with certain force and sleight of hand the writer's will becomes the magician's.

So the writer creates illusion through thought and mystical belief while the magician entertains the eye with showmanship and trickery both transforming our sensations evoking inimitable ideas and emotions.

A cheap little trick you can put in your bag of tricks is to learn how people feel conjuring with your savvy art the way into a person's soul so as to transform fantasy into knowledge.

Then the production will come forth, and exhibition that will flatter the mind, but reality is certain to remain and misinterpretation will vanish because abracadabra fills the senses but truth enlightens the soul.

1 comment:

Ki-o-TEE said...

ooh ooh ooh! I really like this one!